Contact Us: 940-737-2040
3595 Cardinal Point Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32257
Relax – We Offer Sedation Dentistry
Feeling comfortable and relaxed through sedation dentistry techniques is the key to stress-free dental therapy.
Does the thought of going to a dentist cause you stress? We know that many people have concerns about getting the dental care they need. That is the reason Dr. Roger D. Robinson is happy to offer sedation dentistry to patients. Just ask about the many types of sedation available to you when you call us at (904) 737-2040. Our goal is to make every appointment to our Jacksonville, FL, facility a positive, comfortable experience.
Are you avoiding getting care for your teeth or gums because you have anxiety related to going to the dentist? We can understand – many people of all ages suffer from a fear of dental care. Usually, their fears are related to one or more of the following issues:
- They had a negative experience at a dental office when they were younger
- They have a strong gag reflex
- They do not like the sounds related to dental offices
- They are afraid of needles
- They are embarrassed about their teeth
- They have trouble sitting still for more than a few minutes
To alleviate these concerns, we regularly offer sedation dentistry. Sedation dentistry is a leading-edge method of enabling you to get the dental treatments that will keep your mouth healthier without causing you any stress. For more information, contact us now: (904) 737-2040.
Is Sedation Dentistry Right for You or a Loved One?
Is it difficult for you or a loved one to make and keep dental appointments because of dental-related anxiousness? The next time you visit our sedation dentist in Jacksonville, FL, ask for one of the following safe sedation dentistry procedures:
– As the name suggests, you will take oral sedatives that are given to you by a member of our team. These sedatives will be suited to your age and weight, and will alleviate your anxiety. They wear off quickly, leaving you feeling refreshed and with little memory of the dental treatment.
- At Northeast Florida Periodontics and Implants, we are certified to provide intravenous (IV) sedation. We will deliver medication through the IV directly into your bloodstream. IV sedation works efficiently, and you will come out of sedation with almost no recall of the specifics of the dental procedure.
– For patients afraid of needles, nitrous oxide works to soothe fears. Nitrous oxide is a gas that is breathed in through a special nose mask. The levels of nitrous oxide are monitored during treatment, and the gas is turned off when the procedure is finished. Recovery is fast, as nitrous oxide rapidly leaves the body.
– A local anesthetic is injected or topically applied to the area where the periodontist or hygienist will be working. Local anesthetics are a safe way to numb the area needing treatment.
START FEELING GOOD ABOUT EVERY DENTIST APPOINTMENT
Ask us about sedation dentistry at your next visit. Or if you're looking for a sedation dentist in Jacksonville, FL today! Call Northeast Florida Periodontics & Dental Implants, (904) 737-2040, for safe, effective sedation dentistry.